Triathlon 101 – Have you thought about doing a triathlon but don’t know where to get started? This class will teach you everything you need to know to do your first multisport race. Class will consist of instruction and training.
Triathlon 201 – Offered alongside the 101, this class caters towards those who have already been introduced to the sport and want to improve and go faster!
Graduation race will be the Summit Lake Retro Triathlon! If you are ready for that next challenge, sign up and change your life!
$89 until 11:59pm ET on 3.3.15
$109 after 3.3.15
$99 until 11:59pm ET on 3.3.15
$129 after 3.3.15
$149 until 11:59pm ET on 3.3.15
$159 after 3.3.15
$169 until 11:59pm ET on 3.3.15
$179 after 3.3.15
Classes are on Thursdays from 6:30-8:00PM at the Henry County YMCA
Please note the workout/dress for each class and be prepared!
- April 2, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Classroom @ HC YMCA — Intro, orientation, how to log training, swimming assessment. Dress: swimming
- April 16, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Bike overview, cycling gear, bike mechanics. Dress: cycling (most likely use stationary bikes at Y)
- April 30 Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Run gear, run training, run assessment, guest speaker. Dress: Running
- May 9, Thur 6am-12pm – Volunteer at Muncie May Triathlon. Dress: Warm! Great opportunity to get a first-hand look before doing your first one!
- May 14, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 – Yoga & stretching. Dress: comfortable clothing
- May 28, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Nutrition & weight trainig. Dress: Lifting
- June 11, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 – Transitions – what to have, how to set up, practice!
- June 25th, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Group run. Dress: Run
- July 11, Thur 8:00am-10:00am — Race prep, course preview, group ride. Summit Lake State Park (fee not included.) Dress: All race day gear!
- July 16, Thur 6:30pm-8:00 — Pre race instructions, gear overview, race day prep, question and answer session. Dress: Casual
- July 25, Saturday – Graduation! Summit Lake Optimist Triathlon